Fine Dining in Columbia SC
- About: Serving New Southern Cuisine in a sophisticated, yet casual environment using only the freshest ingredients and simple preparations. There are always ocean-fresh fish and seafood specials, as well as innovative meat, poultry, and wild game dishes. The wine list is extensive and has won “Wine Spectator’s Award of Excellence” ten times. There is also a wide variety of micro-brew beer, small batch Bourbon, flavored Vodkas and single-malt Scotch.
- Address: 2001-A Green St in Historic Five Points
- Phone: (803) 254-7828
- Lunch Hours: Mon-Fri 11:30-2:30pm
- Dinner Hour: Mon-Thurs 5:30-10pm, Fri-Sat 5:30-10:30pm
Part of Town: Southern restaurant in Five Points (Downtown Columbia)
- About: Rosso features seasonal menus created with locally farmed produce, succulent artisan meats, premium seafood and handmade pastas all prepared over a wood-fired grill or in the searing, 700+ degree heat of a wood-burning oven. Dishes like Tuscan Shrimp & Grits with house-smoked bacon, Spaghetti Di Casa with house-made Certified Angus beef & pork meatballs, and Wood-Grilled Scallops & Succotash Risotto. Rosso offers a collection of Italian varietal wines, signature spirits, craft beers and craveable desserts.
- Address: Trenholm Plaza, 4840 Forest Drive
- Phone: (803) 787-3949
- Hours: Mon-Thu: 5-9:30pm | Fri-Sat 5-10:30pm | Happy Hour: Mon-Thu 4:30-6pm | Bar opens daily at 4:30pm
Part of Town: Casual Italian restaurant on Forest Drive (Southeast Columbia)
Ruth's Chris Steak House
- About: Ruth's Chris Steakhouse is synonymous with excellence in dining--Steaks are 100% USDA Prime, and are seared to perfection at 1800 degrees and topped with fresh butter so they sizzle all the way to your table. Steaks range from a Petite Filet to a Porterhouse for Two and anything and everything in between. Impressive array of mouth-watering entrees including barbecued shrimp, whole Maine lobster, lamb chops and stuffed chicken breasts.
- Address: 924-A Senate Street, at the Hilton Hotel
- Phone: (803) 212-6666
- Breakfast: 7 am - 10:30 am
- Lunch: 11 am - 3 pm
- Dinner: Sun - Thurs 3 pm-10 pm; Fri & Sat: 3 pm - 11 pm
Part of Town: Upscale steak restaurant inside the Hilton Hotel; Downtown Columbia, next door to the Columbia Convention Center and just a few blocks from the University of South Carolina campus.
- About: Solstice refers to their cuisine as “New American”. Serving small plates and starters like Cornmeal Fried Green Tomatoes - smoked cheddar pimento cheese, candied applewood bacon and mixed greens; popular entrees like Shrimp & Grits, “French Onion” Grilled 6 oz. Filet Mignon, and Buttermilk Fried 8 oz. Chicken Breast. Features salads, sandwiches and 12 ounce, 100% house-ground Beef Tenderloin & Angus Ribeye burgers for lunch.
- Address: 841-4 Sparkleberry Lane
- Phone: (803) 788-6966
- Bar: Mon-Sat 5:00pm-until
- Lunch: Tues-Fri 11:30am-2:00pm
- Dinner: Mon- Thurs 5:30-9:30pm; Fri-Sat 5:30-10:30pm
Part of Town: New American Food | Southern Food near Clemson Road (Northeast Columbia)